By accessing the Site and/or using our Services, you are consenting to our use of your Personal
Information Sandstone Equity Collects About You
We use the term “Personal Information” to mean any information that could be used to identify you, including your name, address, email address, birth date, financial information, cell or land-line phone number, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
What Personal Information we collect from you depends on what Services you choose to use and
how you interact with the Site:
We have structured our Site so that, as a casual site visitor, you may come to our
Site and review selected information about our Services without registering or providing Personal
Information. However, if you wish to become an Investor, then we require you to provide certain Personal
If you choose to access our Services as an Investor, we require that you complete a
registration form. An Investor is an individual who is over the age of 18 and has completed the registration
process on the Site. Our registration forms will specify the information which you must provide in order to
enjoy the particular features to which you wish to subscribe, which may include such items as (i) name; (ii)
email address; (iii) phone number(s); (iv) mailing address; (v) Social Security number (for IRS tax reporting
purposes); (vi) bank account number; and (vii) birth date.
This information may include (i) information from a successfully completed electronic check transaction, (ii) a credit report, or (iii) other similar information designed to authenticate and confirm your identity or to otherwise comply with applicable law.
We also require each Investor to provide certain financial information. For example, we require that each Investor also provide Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 data, which includes your Social Security number (or Taxpayer Identification number, where applicable). We also require that Investors provide us with certain account and other payment information, such as information needed to make payments via ACH, wire, or electronic checks. Our registration process for Investors provides additional details on the types of payment information needed.
Users also may choose to upload media files such as videos, photos, text, and other content to the Site to share with Sandstone Equity and other users. When you upload this content, we may also collect metadata associated with these media files including date, time, location and device information. Sandstone Equity’s use of such content will be governed by our user-generated terms and conditions which are provided at the time of collection of such content.
We may collect your location information through our mobile apps by capturing the location (e.g. latitude/longitude) of your mobile device. If you have given the app permission to access your location, we may collect your device’s location even if you are not using the Service and store your location history.
- If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to restrict the app’s access to your location data. Geolocation data may be used to enhance the Services, for example to offer additional functionality and information regarding your location in connection with the location of Sandstone Equity properties.
- Automatically-Collected Information. We, our service providers, and marketing partners, may
automatically log information, such as the type of computer or mobile device accessing our Services,
interactions over time with our Services, our communications (including emails and alerts), and other online
services, such as:
- Device data, such as the computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version,
manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device
type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising
purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE,
4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens viewed, how long was spent on a page or screen,
browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about activity on a page
or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether marketing emails were opened or
links within them clicked.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping navigate between pages efficiently, remembering preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on devices outside of browsers in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- to process transactions that you have authorized us to make;
- to facilitate your activities with respect to our Site;
- to contact you regarding administrative issues, such as questions about your specific request, or otherwise respond to your comments or requests;
- to verify and authenticate your identity, to help us ensure that the individuals who use the Site and Services are who they claim to be; to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including, for example, activities prohibited by the Anti-Money Laundering Act;
- to help us operate our Site;
- to deliver notices regarding your account;
- to comply with IRS requirements and for tax reporting purposes;
- to provide you with information, such as notices of investment opportunities via our Site or updates concerning investments that you have participated in;
- to send you information we believe is relevant to you, such as news, bulletins, or other information;
- to conduct user surveys and questionnaires; and
- to comply with applicable laws
Marketing and advertising. We and our advertising partners may collect and use Personal Information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct marketing. We may from time-to-time send direct marketing communications including, but not limited to, communications about special promotions, offers and events. Recipients may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
How We Share Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services, such as hosting services, cloud services, information technology services, email communication software, email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services.
- We may share Personal Information with third party advertising companies for interest-based advertising purposes as described above.
Your Personal Information
May also be one of the transferred assets as part of the transaction or bankruptcy.
For Safety & Security. We may reveal your Personal Information to third parties, including law
enforcement agencies, in order to protect the safety and security of our employees and employees of our
affiliates, users or of any third party.
Feedback, Questionnaires and Surveys
Our Site allows site visitors and Investors to participate in surveys and questionnaires, which from
time to time we may post on the Site. We also encourage our users to provide feedback to us about our
Site and our Services.
You are free to choose whether you participate in these activities. We may ask that,
in addition to providing your responses, you also provide us with your contact information. In these
instances, we use any Personal Information you choose to provide to us in connection with these activities
for the purposes for which you submit the information.
We aggregate information derived from survey and questionnaire information – with your Personal
Information removed – for monitoring or improving the use and appeal of this Site (with no other obligation
to you and, specifically, with no obligation to compensate you for these uses). You are not obligated to
participate in any of these activities.
Links to Other Sites
This privacy statement applies only to Personal Information collected by our Site. Our Site contains
links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Sandstone Equity. Sandstone Equity is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personal Information.
We reserve the right to alter, modify, update, add to, subtract from or otherwise change this Privacy
Policy at any time, which will become effective as of posting on the Site. We encourage you to periodically
dealings with our Site or Services, please contact us at: email@example.com.
© 2022 Sandstone Equity LLC. All Rights Reserved.